Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Too late to begin?

Headline Page Forums Yoga Too late to begin?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Timothy 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ian Timothy

Is age a restriction on beginning to practice Yoga?

#2900 Reply

Dean Smith
    Participant

Hi Ian. It’s never too late to start practicing yoga. I started aged 40 and have found so many benefits. There is no right or wrong. What really matters is the earnest desire to focus and improve, a little at a time.

#2905 Reply

Ian Timothy

Thanks for your reply Dean. Do you practice alone or with a group. And if someone decided to begin practising Yoga what would you advise?

#2906 Reply

Dean Smith
    Participant

I mostly practice with Kim, at home. We are slowly starting to invite friends to join us, hoping to start private classes in our home studio. A weekly class is a good way to start but followed up with regular home practice when you have a good grasp of a routine.

#4136 Reply

Tom Kempster

Hello Ian, yoga is perfect at any age, there are a huge variety of ages at the free yoga session on Wednesday night, at the Hindu temple and community centre, 215 carlton road. The expert yoga teachers Always make you feel very welcome and relaxed, bringing ages old therapeutic and invigorating positions, the older you are the more I would recommend yoga as an exercise.

#4169 Reply

Ian Timothy

Thank You Tom – I will certainly past this information out onto LEN articles.Stay Well – Ian

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Too late to begin?
Your information: